Monday, November 22, 2010

I ALREADY MISS YOU MAE!!!

I'm torturing myself right now listening to "Tisbury Lane" on repeat.  Not exactly sure why I chose that one to repeat, but it just really fits my mood for MAE right now.  It's sweet, longing, innocent...almost taunting.

The Goodbye, Goodnight tour last night was nothing short of a pure MAE experience.  I thought they inspired me before with their music, but their performance and their light is just something I want to have, in me.  I have sincerely been moved by last night's show and am changed inside.  I don't know how they could perform with such great, big smiles on their faces knowing it was such a bittersweet time.  But then again, if I accomplished half of what they accomplished, I'd be pretty happy exiting the stage myself.

A small part of me regrets not staying to take pictures or get autographs with everyone, but I had too much working against me: I had no one there to take the pictures for me, I had to drive back to SA to get to sleep in time for work today, and there was just a sea of people that I'm sure would've taken up all of the band's time.  But as I walked past the group on my way out, I saw Jacob and Dave shaking peoples' hands and smiling so big.  They were genuinely happy to be there in that moment with their fans and with their achievements, and I was happy just to be in the same room as them and share that same energy.

I will never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...