Sunday, October 30, 2011

"When One Succeeds, We All Succeed"

I am filled to the brim with appreciation for how much love my family has shown me and themselves these past two months.  From the moment I mentioned my interest in the San Francisco position to the last few minutes before my walk through the airport security, my family has not only shown utmost confidence in me but also a reflection of love -- love that I apparently gave to them.  Now I won't be coy and pretend that I don't know what they're talking about, but I will say that if the version they have of me in their heads paints too pretty a picture, I will surely match that version very soon.  I will have much more time on my hands (at least I'm presuming) now that I won't have so many family events to attend, so I'll be using that time to pick up the things I've been too lazy to follow through with in the past.  This is not simply a reassurance to myself or to anyone else who may be reading this; this is a guarantee.

I will learn beautiful songs to play on my guitar for the family during Christmas and I'll start classes to earn that degree in web development that I used to think was too far above me.  This will be before the year's end.  By end of next year I would have learned to read and write conversational Japanese and will have a plan for my first visit to Japan.  After I receive my Master's Degree two years from now I will land that job at Google and make a memorable name for myself in the tech books.  This all shall occur, I know it as strongly as my family knew how much I would succeed.

So thank you family and friends for believing in not just the me that I am now, but the me that they already know I'll become.  Thank you God for allowing all of this to transpire, from my occasionally-turbulent upbringing, through my sadly-naïve adolescence to my learning-experience of adulthood.  All this is real because of You, and we're all greatful.  I can't wait to rebuild my relationship with You in San Francisco -- my new home.

Sincerely,
Gazing Skyword
Jesse R. Moreno

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...