Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting Early

That's not the moral of this blog or anything, I'm just saying I'm blogging early today. I didn't plan on starting until we got on the road but I have a mountain of anger to release right now and I'm hoping that writing it down will help me get sorted before we actually shove off.

I'm here at Deanna's trying to get my laundry done and I absolutely hate the fact that Oscar's here. I just blew him off and now I feel kind of bad but oh well, I just truly do not like Oscar. Anyway, I'm starting early because, much like last weekend when I was at f I just dropped my phone. I just dropped my brand-new-not-more-than-two-days-old-phone and now it's chipped all around the edges. I am literally on the verge of tears but I'm so tired I can't cry. I didn't even get a chance to tell the story of how work nearly sent me over the edge and now I'm staring at a chipped phone face. God -- no, Satan -- quit it, will you? I want to lose my temper -- and trust me, there are more than enough reasons to do so right now -- but I won't. I want to hate everyone and everything right now, especially the fact that the soft keyboard on this phone sucks so hard. Deanna is going to the T-Mobile store to get her SIM card so maybe she can find me something to cover up this chipped face.

Anyway, I was having a pretty good day today until the last 20 minutes (well ok technically it'd be the last hour). I wanted to make sure I left work feeling accomplished and like my to-do list was cleared. I did get most of my daily and to-do tasks cleared, but leave it to Wayne Dockery to kick off a horrible start to what's supposed to be a centering vacation. 20 minutes before the start of my vacation he sends a supposedly urgent notification request, yet when I need him to urgently approve my draft he's nowhere to be found. After sending several requests to both Wayne and my own managers, I finally get a go-ahead from Todd (who's supposed to be out of office), so I send it. By now it's nearly 6:00 PM and in an ideal world I'm already at Deanna's finish the first load of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...