Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Job

Hey nice one, Vegas! I enjoyed my time with my family and my precious little niece on her 1st birthday this weekend, but I really didn't think I'd be leaving with this sense of awareness. Danny and I had just a perfect evening on his patio last night under the Nevada stars. We talked about a lot of course, but I am just awe-struck at Danny's ability to peg people. I mean what he said about me last night couldn't have been any closer to the truth. He could tell that I was someone who knew I was meant for more, that I was someone who always felt the need to help, and who was capable of really getting the most out of what secrets this life had to offer. I think what really gets me, though, is that he can read me that well from states away and from infrequent contact with me. Bravo, bro.

Anyway, I am a better person now because of him. He helped me really realize that I'm so much more than what I'm allowing myself to be right now. I need to be out there, taking in all that inspires and intrigues me. I have the determination but I seem to be waiting for some imaginary bus to come pick me up and start the ride. But it's not a ride, it's a journey, and I'm the driver. No one else is my passenger, but I will surely come across the obligatory kindred vagabond along the way. As for now though, I'm trapping myself, making up excuses as to why I can't break through. I have a mind to think that my fear of failure may be the main inhibitor there...

But yes, let's effin' get out there, Jes. Make a game plan, say your I love you's and set out on a path that loved ones will simultaneously envy and enjoy, and other young hearts will try to duplicate.

Let's start:
1. Learn guitar.
2. Learn another language.
Learn to code/develop.
3. Pack up and move (outside of San Antonio!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...