Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Good Place

Found a good spot on the Riverwalk to sit and look all contemplative and such. It rocks. And this guy just secretly (well from what he thinks) hid something in the bushes across the river. He totally looked around first but I guess he didn't see me? Anyway, I parked in the suuuper ghetto and somehow made it through the neighborhood alive. Problem is, I'm not entirely sure of how to get back. Heh. Smart. I've been walking around downtown and the Riverwalk for I think about 2 hours now. This morning, when I was at church, the thought crossed my mind to check out the Riverwalk and see if there was a good spot to get some much-needed blogging time in. I remember Deanna pointing out a nice little serene area at the end where the Riverwalk met a big building, and although I didn't quite find it, this may be a better version. So here I am!

I'm so happy I made it to church this morning. I think I'm going to start tithing but I want to make sure I don't start expecting all these great things to happen to me (as if great things don't already happen) just because I've made the decision to tithe. I fear that may be a struggle in the future so I'm hoping recognizing it now will help fight it back.

But yeah church was fantastic this morning. As long as I make it back in enough time I'm going to order Chinese food and watch a movie or catch up on my shows. Can't wait for this week's FMA!

So I'm feeling more like myself as the days pass (read: not like the idiot who fell to lust two Thursdays ago and slept with Kevin). I'm still not sure I can (want to?) continue a friendship with him, but time will tell. He texted me Friday afternoon asking when he could get his pan back. One of the last things he said was "I'm sorry for everything". That's tragic. I think he's just apologizing because he wants us to start talking again and because he's a nervous person, but does he know why he should and shouldn't be apologizing? Well I'll tell you. He should be apologizing because he kept advancing and took advantage of my momentary weakness. He shouldn't be apologizing because, in the end, it was my decision and he can't take full blame for the end result. I hope he grows into a fine person because thanks to experience, I can tell he has potential.

So Deanna payed a HUUUUGE compliment to me this past Wednesday and, as you can tell now, I'm still beaming from it. Let's see if I can copy/paste the quick convo here...

I love Android.

Deanna: Dude, the guy in cloverfield, his life and friends is totally how I see you! Me: Man it's been forever since I've seen that. How do you mean? (5:08 PM) Deanna: Like he is sucessful, chillaxed and has cool friends that really care for him. Me: OHHHHHH MMMYYY GORRRSHH that is so cool of you to say!!!! THANK YOU! <3 Deanna: Tee hee....but seriously (5:12 PM) Me: Wow that so made my day. I love you. :D(5:13 PM) Deanna: Awesome...glad I could do that ;) (5:13 PM) Me: Dude Blockbuster just mailed me Cloverfield today. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!(7:17 PM) Deanna: No effin way! Woooow! A sign indeed(7:18 PM)

I watched Cloverfield the other night and I cried. I hadn't seen the movie since opening night in the theaters and Deanna's comment made it hit so close to home. I love the main guy's character so much and to be compared with him is so humbling and moving to me. And what I love the most is I actually have to agree with Deanna. I mean I don't think I'm quite as awesome as the guy but I'm happily on my way to it.

Let's see, what else? Work is kickin my ass but I'm lovin it. I'm working hard to earn the guys' trust, as well as Sherrika's, in hopes of getting the Manager position. I didn't want it before but now I'm gunnin' for it. I need to learn to delegate and/or learn when to say I have too much to do. I'm in major development mode right now. ;D

Alright so I'm going to enjoy this view and my music a little bit before I start walking back.

Catch up with ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us how you really feel...